Looking for the perfect wedding venue that brings together tradition and stunning natural beauty? Look no further than the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina! As the old rhyme goes, brides seek to bring good luck on their wedding day with “something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a sixpence in your shoe.” Blue Ridge wedding venues can provide the perfect backdrop for your “something borrowed” and “something blue.”
In this blog, we’ll share the three best Blue Ridge Mountain wedding venues in North Carolina to make your special day unforgettable. :)
The Barn On New River in West Jefferson, NC
If you dream of a charming and rustic wedding, look no further than The Barn on New River in North Carolina. Our team is dedicated to creating unforgettable experiences for every couple, no matter their style or preference. From the serene Dahlia Suite to the cozy Lounge, our property is designed to make every moment of your wedding day special. With breathtaking views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, stunning gardens and fields, and a sparkling pond, our venue provides endless photo opportunities. Come see for yourself, and let us help you create memories that will last a lifetime!
- 90-acre farm exclusively for your use, with stunning views of the mountains, fields, ponds, river frontage, and gardens
- Full photography access across the acreage for capturing your special moments
- Handicap-accessible post-and-beam barn with modern bathrooms featuring granite countertops (3 stalls/bathroom)
- Built-in bar with live edge wood tops perfect for indoor and outdoor mingling
- Dahlia Suite and Lounge provide two fabulous get-ready rooms to get ready in style.
- Caterer’s kitchen and prep area with outside access to save you money on reheating food
- Stone patio cocktail area with lighting and access to the indoor/outdoor bar for sipping cocktails and socializing
- Ceremony site with a paved aisle, an arbor, and a lit-up fountain in the pond for added magic at night
- Covered outdoor cocktail area with yard games and a fire pit for your guests’ entertainment
- Owners will take you and your photographer to the top of the mountain for sunset pictures, creating unforgettable memories.
- Parking access with the on-site attendant for easy arrival and departure of guests
- Tables, chairs, and seating for guests at the ceremony site
- Crystal chandeliers and soft lighting throughout the barn for a romantic atmosphere, with breathtaking views from the 2nd-floor balcony
- Large barn doors and windows for enjoying the beautiful landscape while keeping your event indoors
- Paula’s dedication to ensuring your special day is everything you’ve dreamed of.
Catalpa Grove Events in Alexander, NC
- Up to 200 guests
- 67 Sluder, Alexander, NC
- 64 acres
Nestled 20 minutes away from downtown Asheville, North Carolina, Catalpa Grove Events is the quintessential rustic wedding venue that lets you celebrate your special day surrounded by the serene beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Family-Owned Farms & Wedding Venue
This 64-acre family-owned farm and event space offer a range of picturesque settings that can accommodate weddings of all kinds, from intimate elopements to grand tented receptions. Exchange your vows under the sun-dappled shade of two majestic Catalpa trees at Catalpa Grove, a unique and stunning spot that sits atop a rise with sweeping views of the surrounding countryside.
Elopements and Grand Weddings
With a capacity of up to 100 guests, it is the perfect setting for an intimate ceremony. Alternatively, opt for the Event Field, the property’s focal point, and let the breathtaking mountains and countryside be the perfect backdrop for your open-air or tented ceremony and reception. With a capacity of up to 200 guests, the field is level, mowed, and perfect for larger gatherings. For those who prefer a more secluded and intimate setting, the romantic Pine Glade provides a magical and quiet atmosphere that can host weddings of up to 10 guests.
Bridal Suite and Lounge Areas
At Catalpa Grove Events, you and your party can enjoy ample space and comfort while preparing for your big day in the spacious and comfortable Lounge. The lounge features a seating area, a kitchenette, a full bathroom, and a bedroom, making it the perfect spot to relax and get ready for the day. Catalpa Grove Events welcomes outside caterers and vendors, allowing you to customize your day.
They’re also happy to provide rental recommendations for tents, tables, chairs, and more. With access to the property from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. on the event day and additional time available for rehearsal, setup, and breakdown, Catalpa Grove Events provides a stress-free and seamless experience for you and your guests.
Lake Junaluska Weddings
Make your wedding memorable by choosing Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center as your venue. Experience the magic of an outdoor amphitheater, lakeside colonnade, or a stone chapel with stained glass windows. The center offers picturesque indoor and outdoor venues for ceremonies and receptions of all sizes, catering to events with 12 to 220 guests. Get a discounted reception venue when you host both your ceremony and reception at Lake Junaluska, or opt for a special elopement package catering to events for up to 30 guests. The center strives to make your dream wedding a reality by offering various ceremony and reception venues.
Choose from the Memorial Chapel, located lakeside with Gothic architecture and over 25 stained glass windows, providing seating for up to 220 guests. The Inspiration Point, a stone overlook surrounded by a beautiful garden with panoramic views of Lake Junaluska Cross and the majestic mountain landscape, offers seating for up to 85 guests. The Amphitheater, located in the shadow of Lake Junaluska’s iconic cross, offers an expansive view of the lake and mountains and can seat up to 200 guests. The Lakeside Tent provides the perfect combination of shade trees and lake views, with zippered sides available for inclement weather, seating up to 100 guests. Lastly, the Colonnade, where vows can be exchanged against the backdrop of Lake Junaluska and the Great Smoky Mountains, can seat up to 200 guests.
When it comes to reception venues, Lake Junaluska offers a variety of options. Shackford Hall, an auditorium with wooden floors, high ceilings, and a stage, provides a warm, grand setting for any ceremony or reception, with seating for up to 150 guests. The Terrace Auditorium offers lakeside views, a balcony overlooking the water, and space for formal meals and lively receptions, seating up to 150 guests. The Lambuth International Room, located on the first floor of Lambuth Inn, is on the National Register of Historic Places and offers seating for up to 150 guests.
The Lawn outside historic Lambuth Inn offers panoramic views of the lake and mountains and a 30-by-45-foot white tent that can be rented, seating up to 100 guests. The Harrell Center Auditorium, on the lake, offers welcoming, expansive views of the water, with large double windows and a lakeside café-style patio, seating up to 200 guests. Harrell Center 105, a downstairs room at the Harrell Center, boasts a beautiful view of Lake Junaluska, with an outside patio area, seating up to 75 guests. Harrell Center 201 & Balcony, located upstairs in the Harrell Center, offers guests a private outside patio area that overlooks the lake, seating up to 72 guests.
All-Inclusive Wedding Packages
Lake Junaluska also offers various wedding packages catering to different group sizes. The Wildflower Package accommodates 10-40 guests and offers several wedding venues, including Inspiration Point, Susanna Wesley Garden, Lakeside White Tent, Amphitheater, and Colonnade. This package includes one guest room night for the bride and groom, breakfast for two on the morning after the stay, a bridal bouquet, groom boutonniere, and catering for cake and punch, lemonade, hot cider, or coffee, with additional catering available.
The Rose Walk Package accommodates 41-100 guests and includes a two-hour wedding venue at Inspiration Point, Susanna Wesley Garden, Lakeside White Tent, Amphitheater, or Colonnade. This package also includes a guest room night for the bride and groom, breakfast for two on the morning after the stay, a bridal bouquet, a groom boutonniere, custom champagne glasses with one bottle of sparkling cider, and so much more.
That wraps up our top three Blue Ridge wedding venues in the North Carolina mountains. Keep reading if you want to see some common FAQs about Blue Ridge mountain weddings and Blue Ridge wedding venues.
beautiful wedding dress and view of the property
FAQ About Blue Ridge Wedding Venues
Looking for the perfect wedding venue in the picturesque Blue Ridge Mountains? Look no further! Our Blue Ridge Wedding Venue FAQ has everything you need to know to plan your dream wedding in this stunning location. From rustic barns to elegant estates, we’ve got you covered with insider tips and expert advice. So, let’s get started on creating your unforgettable Blue Ridge wedding experience.
happy couple and flowing wedding dress
What are the top mountains towns in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC?
A vibrant and eclectic city known for its arts and culture scene
A charming mountain town that’s perfect for outdoor activities and skiing
Home to Appalachian State University and a bustling downtown area
A quaint town known for its shopping, dining, and scenic views
A small town with a big arts scene and access to numerous waterfalls
A gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Nantahala Gorge
A picturesque town with a bustling downtown area and nearby vineyards
A popular destination for outdoor activities, including skiing and hiking
A historic town with a thriving arts and culture scene and access to Linville Gorge
A charming small town with a vibrant arts and crafts community
There are many more wonderful towns in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, but these are some of the most popular and well-loved.
1 the barn on new river drone shots
What wedding venues are located in the Blue Ridge Mountains?
- The Barn on New River: Located in West Jefferson, this rustic and elegant barn venue sits on 50 acres of picturesque farmland and features a stunning ceremony site by the river.
- Twickenham House: Nestled in the mountains near Jefferson, this luxurious estate offers a breathtaking backdrop for your wedding, complete with a grand ballroom, scenic views, and high-end amenities.
- The Farm at Green Heron Pond: Situated in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Leicester, this charming farm venue boasts a serene pond, a picturesque ceremony site, and a rustic yet elegant barn reception space.
- Brown Mountain Beach Resort: This secluded resort in Lenoir offers a stunning natural setting, with the Blue Ridge Mountains and Wilson Creek as a backdrop. Choose from several ceremony and reception sites, including a riverside deck and a spacious barn.
- The Fields of Blackberry Cove: This stunning farm venue in Weaverville offers a picturesque setting for your wedding, with sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, a romantic ceremony site by the creek, and a rustic-chic barn reception space.
samantha j wedding at the barn on new river
What are some unique features of Blue Ridge Mountain wedding venues?
Blue Ridge Mountain wedding venues offer unique features that stand out from other wedding destinations. One of these features is the breathtaking mountain views that provide a stunning backdrop for your special day. Another unique feature is the variety of locations and experiences couples can create, from rustic country weddings to bohemian or earthy organic weddings. Additionally, many Blue Ridge wedding venues offer outdoor and indoor wedding spaces, giving couples flexibility and peace of mind. Some venues even provide on-site accommodations like cabins, cottages, glamping, and camping for couples and their guests. Blue Ridge Mountain wedding venues are worth considering whether you’re planning a grand wedding for over 200 guests or an intimate space for a small group of friends and family.
What is the average cost of a Blue Ridge Mountain wedding venue?
The cost of a wedding venue in Blue Ridge Mountain can vary depending on several factors, including the size of the venue, the location, and the package inclusions. On average, a wedding venue in Blue Ridge Mountain ranges from $1,000 to $22,000. Here are some things to consider:
- A DIY package may be less expensive than an all-inclusive package.
- The number of guests also affects the cost. A venue accommodating 200 guests will likely be more expensive than a smaller one.
- The type of venue matters, too. A rustic barn or ranch may be cheaper than a luxury hotel or resort.
- Location is also a factor. Venues closer to big cities like Charlotte, NC may be more expensive.
Aspen and Edward
Are there any special activities available at Blue Ridge Mountain wedding venues?
While Blue Ridge Mountain wedding venues offer stunning backdrops for your special day, they also provide a range of activities for couples and their guests to enjoy. These activities include hiking, horseback riding, kayaking, fishing, and zip-lining. Additionally, many venues offer spa services, wine tastings, and local tours. With a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces, couples can create a unique and memorable experience for themselves and their guests. Whether you want a relaxing getaway or an adventurous weekend, NC mountain wedding venues have something for everyone.
Aspen and Edward
Are there any vineyard wedding venues in the Blue Ridge mountains?
Yes, there are several vineyard wedding venues in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The region is known for its picturesque vineyards and wineries, making it a popular destination for couples looking to tie the knot amidst stunning scenery. Some of the most popular vineyard wedding venues in the Blue Ridge Mountains include Veritas Vineyard & Winery, Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards, and King Family Vineyards.
Clay and Sydney
Are there any special amenities provided by Blue Ridge Mountain wedding venues?
Blue Ridge Mountain wedding venues offer amenities to make your special day unforgettable. Here are some of the amenities you can expect:
- Picturesque outdoor settings with breathtaking views of mountain ranges, rolling landscapes, wooded forests, gardens, rivers, and lakes.
- Indoor and outdoor wedding spaces that give you flexibility and peace of mind in case of inclement weather.
- On-site accommodations like cabins, cottages, glamping, and camping are a bonus for planning a destination wedding.
- Bridal suites, spas, bridal brunches, rehearsal dinners, and more.
- Adventurous add-ons like swimming, trails, zip lines, and white water rafting.
- Rustic, authentic settings lend themselves perfectly to country, bohemian, or earthy organic weddings.
- Friendly hosts that offer hands-on attention and create a welcoming atmosphere that makes you feel at home.
Clay and Sydney
Jaw-Dropping Views: Top Scenic Hikes in the North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains
Nothing compares to the Blue Ridge Mountain views year-round. What better way to incorporate something blue into your wedding day than having a Blue Ridge Mountain wedding?
Spanning six states and covering a distance of a little over six hundred miles long, The Blue Ridge Mountains make up a vast majority of the Appalachian Mountain Range. When planning a Blue Ridge Mountain Wedding, numerous small towns with the best venues are just waiting to host you and your guests. Towns like Ashville, Banner Elk, Morganton, and West Jefferson are to name a few. Due to the natural beauty and outdoor recreational activity, these small towns experience many visitors year-round. They are perfectly equipped to host wedding parties, both large and small. From venues to lodging, every detail can be planned out in advance, and who knows, you and your guests may want to extend your stay after your Blue Ridge Mountain wedding to explore the High Country and Mountains for yourself.
The Blue Ridge Parkway offers one of the best scenic views in the High Country. Visitors can coast down the highway for a peaceful drive or even bike and hike the nearby trails to wind down from the wedding events planning and activities.
The vast, almost 500-mile-long Parkway opens doors to trails for viewing and exploring across every mile. Here are some of the must see’s in each state the Blue Ridge Parkway spans. Take a hike to clear your mind.
- Mountain Farm Trail | Length: 0.25 Miles | Skill Level: Easy
- Appalachian Trail (elev.–3650 ft.) | Length: 2 Miles | Skill Level: Strenuous
- Catoctin Loop Trail | Length: 0.3 Miles | Skill Level: Moderate
- Greenstone Trail | Length: 0.2 Miles | Skill Level: Moderate
- The Priest | Length: 0.1 Miles | Skill Level: Easy
- White Rock Falls Trail Connection | Length: 2.9 Miles | Skill Level: Moderate
- Cumberland Knob Trail | Length: 0.5 Miles | Skill Level: Easy
- Gully Creek Trail | Length: 2 Miles | Skill Level: Strenuous
- Fox Hunters Paradise Trail | Length: 0.2 Miles | Skill Level: Easy
- Little Glade Millpons | Length: 0.4 Miles | Skill Level: Easy
- Cedar Ridge Trail | Length: 4.2 Miles | Skill Level: Moderate
- Bluff Mountain Trail | Length: 7.5 Miles | Skill Level: Moderate
Get out there and explore the endless miles of trails during the downtime of your Blue Ridge Mountain wedding.
Clay and Sydney
Good Luck in Your Search for Blue Ridge Wedding Venues in NC
The Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina offer breathtaking and unparalleled backdrops for couples seeking a unique and memorable wedding venue. The three venues highlighted in this blog provide gorgeous options to suit different tastes and preferences. From rustic and charming to luxurious and elegant, these venues showcase the natural beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains and offer a truly magical setting for your special day. So, whether you’re planning a grand celebration or an intimate gathering, consider these stunning Blue Ridge wedding venues to make your wedding day a truly unforgettable experience. And if you want to get in touch with us at The Barn On New River, click here.